Responsible organizations cannot rely solely on their professional safety personnel to coach on and communicate safety and occupational health information. A company’s long-term safety success also depends on leaders and team members across the organization developing partnerships and having two-way safety-related coaching conversations; there is no better way to address vital workplace safety issues and expectations.
About the Safety Coaching Workshop
The Safety Coaching workshop gives leaders and team members the skills they need to initiate strong coaching relationships and engage in productive dialogue about safety concerns, discernible changes needed in safety performance on the job, safety performance improvement, and the recognition of positive safety efforts. This workshop utilizes either the Coaching TIPS²™ Model or the 8-Step Coaching Model, both of which are grounded in ongoing research and give participants a practical coaching process they can use for their other important safety initiatives.
Every 7 seconds a worker is injured on the job
-National Safety Council
The Safety Coaching workshop is designed to teach participants how to engage in essential coaching conversations about team and organizational expectations and protocols related to safety in the workplace. The tools, techniques, and resources explored give leaders and team members the skills and confidence to engage in productive dialogue about safety performance. This learning event will help participants develop practical coaching skills they can use as “Safety Coaches” to strengthen team-member accountability for following safety protocols, gain a renewed focus on optimizing the results of safety programs, and improve safety management and performance across the organization.
89% of organizations have identified health & safety as a key priority.
-Deloitte Safety Leadership
Objectives and Outcomes
In the Safety Coaching workshop, participants learn how to
- Maximize safety performance by using a proven coaching process to initiate two-way communication.
- Inspire others to become more involved and concerned about safety.
- Regularly conduct developmental, motivational, and non-performance-related safety-coaching sessions.
- Help others accept and take ownership of adjusting to changes in safety priorities.
- Build positive and supportive working relationships with others.
- Ensure that others are committed to confronting and following through on safety issues in the workplace.
- Involve all team members in contributing to the safe operation of the business.
The Safety Coaching workshop utilizes the following design components to ensure learning transfer and sustained behavior changes in your organization:
- Safety-focused, customized case studies.
- Exercises and simulations that help participants discover their natural coaching abilities as well as identify their opportunities for improvement.
- A practical safety coaching model and application tools that will contribute to building a safety-coaching culture across the organization.
- Opportunities for skill development and practice around safety issues relevant to the organization and workplace.
- Personal application plans and supporting job aides participants can use when they return to work.
The combination of learning, practice, and real-world application helps participants develop their skill level and confidence in coaching others about safety issues.
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.