The Sales Coaching workshop incorporates either the Coaching TIPS²™ Model or the 8-Step Coaching Model to increase the effectiveness and results of individuals working in a sales environment through targeted, sales-oriented coaching conversations. This sales training workshop is highly customizable, making it easy to address the specialized concerns and coaching issues of the individuals, teams, or departments focused on Sales in your organization.
What Is Effective Sales Coaching?
The link between an effective sales coach and improved sales performance is widely known. And yet, far too many sales managers still focus only on metrics and producing bottom-line results. Others may have sales expertise but lack the skills needed to effectively coach and influence their team members. These well-meaning managers often overlook the fact that results are best achieved by helping others realize their full potential and coaching them to be high performers. CMOE’s Sales Coaching workshop helps sales leaders develop the skills, abilities, and confidence they need to
- Build relationships with team members.
- Engage in ongoing coaching conversations.
- Reinforce specific team-member behaviors.
- Help them make improvements in ways that will show up on the bottom line.
The Sales Coaching training program is based on CMOE’s Coaching TIPS²™ Model, which has been heavily researched and has proven to be an effective tool for sales leaders working in a wide variety of industries.
Objectives and Outcomes
During the Sales Coaching training program, participants learn the coaching competencies necessary to excel in their roles as sales leaders and are able do the following as a result of the program:
- Adjust their coaching style to the needs of the individual sales-team member and/or sales opportunity.
- Build strong, lasting relationships with coachees through effective communication.
- Help individuals grow and develop their sales skills.
- Effectively communicate sales expectations.
- Work with coachees to set challenging but attainable sales goals and supporting action plans.
- Identify coaching opportunities that are specific to the organization’s sales process.
- Use sales-performance standards to increase coaching effectiveness.
- Help sales-team members overcome performance obstacles and develop collaborative solutions.
- Maximize team-member performance through improvements, development, and change.
- Coach average sales performers in the performance curve on opportunities for improvement, development, and change.
- Coach in formal situations as well as during informal, on-the-spot opportunities (coaching in the field).
Sales Coaching Training: Our Approach
The Sales Coaching program provides sales leaders with world-class training on coaching for sales-driven results. In the program, participants receive an in-depth analysis of their current level of sales-coaching skill. Then, they learn techniques and strategies to minimize their identified limitations and capitalize on their coaching strengths. Participants also have the opportunity to practice the skills using sales-oriented situations so they are able to immediately apply the skills to their own sales-coaching opportunities. The real-world application and sustainability tools, in combination with the innovative learning and practice methods, give sales managers and leaders the competencies and confidence they need to coach in a fast-paced sales environment. To increase the effectiveness of the learning experience, the Sales Coaching program can be tailored to align with and support your organization’s specific sales training process.
“The goal is to enhance growth and performance, promote individual responsibility, and encourage accountability.”
“Coaching in the sales field is often the most effective coaching because it is in the moment.”
“Sales coaching should be focused on developing sales capabilities and where to focus their energy rather than on the specifics of winning the deal to understand what they can do differently in the future.”
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.