Being able to confidently and effectively delegate is a powerful leadership skill and a catalyst for ensuring that managers spend maximum time and energy leading people and pursuing next level results. However, delegating responsibility and assignments to others can be challenging even for the very best managers. CMOE’s Delegation & Accountability workshop provides leaders with a set of core delegation skills that will enable them to overcome the challenges that often arise when delegating to others as well as establish accountability to ensure desired results.
Using these practical delegation skills, leaders are able to enhance team member engagement and provide team members with opportunities to be involved in important assignments, while still allowing the manager to set the team’s direction, lead the performance of others, and maintain accountability for the work that is accomplished. Today’s workforce has an intense desire to learn, grow, and contribute value so delegation process is the key to developing an organization’s talent and positioning it for long term success.
Objectives & Outcomes
The Delegation & Accountability workshop helps participants
- Build a delegation mindset and recognize barriers that keep them from delegating to others.
- Determine what, how, and when to delegate, as well as to whom.
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently communicate the parameters of a delegated assignment and follow up with team members to ensure that they remain accountable for completing the work.
- Assign the appropriate level of authority and responsibility when delegating tasks and responsibilities to others.
- Unleash team member motivation and excitement about the assignments that have been delegated to them.
- Delegate assignments and responsibilities to others without relinquishing ultimate responsibility for seeing that the work is accomplished.
- Recognize some common delegation pitfalls and create plans to overcome them when they occur.
- Ensure that team members are committed and accountable for accomplishing the assignments that have been delegated to them.
The Delegation and Accountability workshop incorporates many creative and engaging instructional-design elements that energize the learners and lay the groundwork for skill development that is relevant and applicable to their own unique work environments. Some of these elements include
- A delegation self-inventory
- A practical process
- Case-study examples
- Opportunities for self-reflection and discovery
- Tools and guides for transfer and application
Throughout the Delegation and Accountability workshop, participants draw on their own experience and the experience of others as they learn more about the benefits of delegation and accountability, work on personalized action plans, receive constructive feedback, and learn how to successfully delegate to others within their team and organization.
“Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon him and to let him know you trust him.”
“The first rule of management is delegation. Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t.”
“If you want to do a few small things right, do them yourself. If you want to do great things and make a big impact, learn to delegate.”
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Delegation & Accountability FAQs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.