How to create meaningful training programs
When you are planning your learning and development (L&D) program using pre-packaged content, do you ever feel like you’re trying to put a square peg into a round hole?
Do you find yourself making sacrifices in order to settle for an off-the-shelf curriculum that may ultimately lead to a less than optimal outcome?
There are so many factors to consider when you are planning your L&D program and trying to use a one-size-fits-all approach usually doesn’t provide the right solutions.
At CMOE, we realize that an organization’s learning and development needs are as individual as the people who work there. We specialize in custom solutions aimed at addressing all the needs of your company and bringing greater returns on your investment.
Tips for developing Your training program
Rather than thinking about what you must give up, you can start thinking of everything you’ll need to bring to implement the best training program for your budget. As you embark on creating a strategic training program for your organization, consider these 10 tips:
1) Identify what you are trying to achieve. Understanding the target outcome will give direction to your choices as you develop your corporate training program.
2) Determine who needs to participate in the learning sessions. Are they front-line leaders, middle managers, and/or senior managers?
3) Discuss and identify which topics are best suited to address the needs of your organization.
4) Investigate what assessments or surveys will give participants the feedback they need to make the most of their learning session.
5) Identify the length of time participants can be available for each learning and training development
6) Define how many learning sessions are necessary to achieve your desired outcomes.
7 ) Determine the best approach for the learning event (i.e. a live facilitated event or a virtual event).
8) Identify real-world opportunities within your organization that could be used to provide practical application within the learning session.
9) Determine the best plan of action to use within the training to support immediate transfer and application of new skills and knowledge.
10) Identify plans and processes to sustain, strengthen, and extend the learning process beyond the walls of the workshop.
CMOE is known for taking the time to work through these points with our clients. By using their approach, we are able to customize programs that deliver on defined outcomes and achieve optimal results for our clients. No one should have to settle for anything less.