Executives have a difficult job to do: Each day, they must balance competing demands, face numerous uncertainties, and take the needs and concerns of team members, customers, and shareholders into account when making decisions—while also trying to continuously develop their own professional skills and leadership abilities.
What is an Executive Coaching Program?
Executive Coaching is a one-on-one partnership between the executive or leader and a talented Executive Coach aimed at supporting the executive and helping them weather the unique demands they face by working on development opportunities that speak specifically to that executive’s needs.
What Executive Coaching Can Do for Leaders
Executive-level leaders face unique challenges; they confront a myriad of issues, uncertainties, and demands every single day. The decisions and actions of these leaders affect shareholders, customers, and employees, so they must work hard to satisfy competing demands—a difficult task even under the best of circumstances.
With everything there is for senior-level leaders to do and consider, the need to help them maximize their leadership effectiveness is more critical than ever. No matter how talented, experienced, or knowledgeable these leaders may be, the nature of their work requires continuous development of their leadership skills so they can perform at peak levels.
CMOE’s Executive Coaching Program
CMOE’s Executive Coaching program is built around a coaching partnership that focuses on the unique personal-development needs of executives. Through a series of one-on-one coaching sessions, executives are guided through a self-discovery process that allows them to capitalize on their strengths and identify their blind spots.
The process is designed to help leaders understand how their development efforts can:
- Create and sustain positive changes in their leadership competencies and in the people they lead.
- Positively impact the organization’s results.
What makes CMOE’s Executive Coaching program unique is its individualized focus: The process is tailored and linked directly to the current business issues and realities the leader is facing, as well as being aligned with the specific developmental areas that are relevant needs for the leader being coached.
Through this personalized attention and supporting learning experiences, we achieve rapid results—in both behavioral changes and in business outcomes that are sustained over time. Due to this distinctive approach to the process, CMOE coaches are able to coach high-potential leaders and executives working at all levels of the business, as well as members of the senior leadership team.
Objectives & Outcomes in Executive Coaching Programs
The need for superior leadership skills has never been greater, and by creating a customized development process, executives are able to make improvements and changes that directly impact their lives, the lives of their teams, and the organization as a whole. While the specific objectives and desired outcomes of each executive-coaching process is unique, typical objectives and outcomes include the following:
- Improve the effectiveness of the leader in specific development areas.
- Deliver personalized and customized learning experiences for the executive and enable him or her to acquire new competencies and build on existing skills to enhance his or her leadership performance.
- Provide the executive with a trusted, confidential partner as he or she develops new skills or behaviors, makes changes, and improves in key areas.
- Equip the executive with advice, best practices, guidance, tools, and strategies as he or she develops and practices the skills and behaviors that will support the organization’s needs and objectives.
- Develop the leader’s ability to handle turbulent business demands and respond to challenging changes.
- Ensure the retention and development of talented individuals and prepare the business for future growth and opportunities.
Executive Coaching is an intensive and structured, yet flexible, process that is built around individualized learning experiences that create lasting results.
- We work with each client to design the ideal coaching process for the leader being coached.
- We engage in candid dialogue up front to understand the desired outcomes, targeted changes, and development needs of the leader being coached.
- CMOE coaching experts offer deep knowledge of leadership best practices and draw from real-word experience in a variety of industries to provide leaders with a fresh perspective on the dilemmas they must resolve in order to produce better results.
- CMOE coaches provide help and guidance on specific and current organizational or team challenges, in addition to helping the leader develop specific leadership competencies.
- Our coaches use CMOE’s vast library of leadership-development resources to provide meaningful learning experiences that are tailored to each executive’s needs and development plans.
- We use a variety of coaching tools and methodologies:
- Application assignments
- One-on-one development on new topics or concepts
- Behavioral and/or skills assessments
- Tools and resources
- Books and articles
- Case studies
- Discussion topics
- Question-and-answer sessions
Refer to our FAQ for more information on how CMOE successfully coaches individuals through their development journeys.
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.